Uwaga!
W związku ze zmianą silnika forum konieczny jest reset haseł użytkowników. Prosimy o skorzystanie z funkcji "Zapomniałem hasła". W razie problemów skontaktujcie się z administratorami.

Attention!
Due to forum engine switch it is necessary to reset user passwords. Please use "Forgot password" function. In case of problems please contact administrators.

Beachtung!
Aufgrund des forum engine switch müssen die Benutzerpasswörter zurückgesetzt werden. Bitte benutzen Sie die Funktion "Passwort vergessen". Bei Problemen wenden Sie sich bitte an die Administratoren.

Panther A/Tamiya+scratch/ 534, 5th SS, Wiking

Pytania, Technika / Technics, Questions, etc / Fragen, Techniken, etc

Moderatorzy: Tommy T.B., mrafalsk

TankIndustry
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: TankIndustry » 24 kwietnia 2016, 05:19

Panther 1/25, Base Color and Camouflage Rendering

Dark Yellow (Tamiya, Acrylic) base color is in place.
I typically thin the paint with water and apply two or more base color coats.
Everything gets base coated except the hull bottom.
The hull bottom will get some coverage from spraying along the lines of the front, back and side plates but I typically don't bother with the hull bottom as it is not at all visible, without turning the entire model over.

Flaws in construction become visible when the base coat is applied.
I'm referring to join seams, part mold seams, surface gouges, bumps or glue blotches, part warping, etc.
If flaws exist, now is the time to work corrections.

Fortunately, there is nothing for me to correct right now, however, I'm certain that before all the painting is done I will have broken off a small part or two (grab handles, deck hooks, skirt hangars come to mind)

As always, most assemblies residing on the hull surfaces are removable. (equipment racks, barrel cleaning rod canister, stowage bins, spare track links, headlight, gun travel lock, skirt armor, exhaust pipes)
I prefer removable assemblies as it makes camouflage painting so much easier and cleaner.
My peg and hole techniques for attaching external assemblies typically results in no gluing required, once all paint work is done.

Tamiya Acrylic Flat Green and Red Brown will be used for the camouflage, in the pattern visible in the rendering below.
This pattern is a variation of a pattern I used on one of my 35th scale Panthers, many years ago and was designed by me.
I always make up my own patterns, but remain faithful to what otherwise would have been present on a vehicle in a particular theater of operation.

Making up your own pattern has two distinct advantages:

You can maximize the visual appeal of the finished model.
You don't go insane representing actual vehicles, when only one or two photos of the vehicle in question exist and none of those are color (Piotr, CB HL: I don't know how you guys friggin do that!)

Making up your own has one definite risk:

Your final rendering deviates far too drastically from what otherwise is appropriate and the resulting vehicle looks like something out of an Andy Warhol painting (or Pablo Picasso, even worse!!)

I achieved a Warhol once .. YIKES!! ... a 35th scale Abrams MBT, back in 2002 ..... a little oven cleaner, water and toothbrush scrubbing erased that mistake ... that model has been in my primary model cabinet ever since ( actually running outta room in there, these 25th scale tanks take up lots of space!!)

Camo painting to commence ...

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Ostatnio zmieniony 04 czerwca 2017, 18:25 przez TankIndustry, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.
TankIndustry

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 24 kwietnia 2016, 09:58

Looks good, now the most funny part of paiting.
Wait more.
Zapraszam do sklepu/Welcome to the shop !
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Wojtek
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Wojtek » 24 kwietnia 2016, 18:25

Another wonderful kitten is formed.

Keep it up.

Awatar użytkownika
Tommy T.B.
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Tommy T.B. » 24 kwietnia 2016, 19:24

Pantera looks great, but as for me Schürzen - They are too thick / fat.
It is only the details ;)
Generally good job and I waiting for camouflage.

Regards
Tommy

TankIndustry
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: TankIndustry » 27 kwietnia 2016, 06:50

Friends:

Thanks for the complements, it's great when other modelers notice our work!

Tommy:

Yes, the armored skirts are too thick in scale. I made the skirts by laminating 2 plastic sheets together. I quickly realized they were too thick but was not disturbed to the point where I felt a rework was in order.

My next project is a JagdPanther. It will feature near complete schurzen and will be cut from single sheet plastic.
TankIndustry

TankIndustry
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: TankIndustry » 28 maja 2016, 07:08

Panther 1/25, Camouflage Complete

Cammo is finally done!

Turret numbers are a bit oversized but they are very clean looking for being hand painted over a zimmerit surface (crosses were hand painted as well)

Still to do:

Apply a dilute dark yellow over spray, to the whole model, to slightly reduce the color contrasts, resulting in a slightly more subtle appearance.
I will thin the paint a bit more than what was used for TigerS04 as I don't want to dull the current look down very much at all.

Repair several broken bits.
Apply worn rubber color to road wheels.
Paint and detail spare track links
Paint and detail tank jack and hull MG 34
Paint and detail tow and track cables.
Add missing fasteners, tow loops and periscopes.
Add coaxial MG 34
Add cooling system details below the engine deck grills.
Paint and detail tracks
Weather and detail the entire vehicle, yielding the final finish.

... hoping to finish by Aug ... we'll see!

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Ostatnio zmieniony 04 czerwca 2017, 18:29 przez TankIndustry, łącznie zmieniany 5 razy.
TankIndustry

Awatar użytkownika
Borowy
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Borowy » 28 maja 2016, 09:27

Witam :honoring: Świetnie wygląda oklask2
Pozdrowienia z krainy podziemnej pomarańczy !

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Relacje z budowy / Construction report / Bauberichte”