Uwaga!
W związku ze zmianą silnika forum konieczny jest reset haseł użytkowników. Prosimy o skorzystanie z funkcji "Zapomniałem hasła". W razie problemów skontaktujcie się z administratorami.

Attention!
Due to forum engine switch it is necessary to reset user passwords. Please use "Forgot password" function. In case of problems please contact administrators.

Beachtung!
Aufgrund des forum engine switch müssen die Benutzerpasswörter zurückgesetzt werden. Bitte benutzen Sie die Funktion "Passwort vergessen". Bei Problemen wenden Sie sich bitte an die Administratoren.

T34-85 Zavod 183 / Tamiya / 1st Polish Armoured Bgd '45

Moderatorzy: Tommy T.B., mrafalsk

happylappy
Czołgista / Tankman

T34-85 Zavod 183 / Tamiya / 1st Polish Armoured Bgd '45

Post autor: happylappy » 20 czerwca 2011, 22:47

:flag_gb:
Greetings all. I have just completed my latest project, a T-34/85 Factory 183 late 1944 production, in the service of the 1st Polish Armoured Brigade. Quite a few changes to the kit:

- I scratch built metal fenders and side skirts
- brass strap handles replacing all the molded on ones, plus some new ones (like the back of the turret)
- new exhaust pipes
- added periscopes to turret and replaced the tops of the periscope covers
- corrected cupola with opening in the centre
- added pistol ports to both sides of turret
- added and corrected vision slit to side of turret (should only be one, on the right side not two)
- corrected the turret weld seams for factory 183. The kit seams are for a post war vehicle.
- corrected and added the casting marks to the turret
- removed the aweful Tamiya molded surface & created a new one
- scratch built the external fuel straps from brass, including the securing mechanisms
- and of course added the excellent resin road wheels, engine grate, horn & light from Piotr's shop

Hopefully this has created an accurate WWII period T-34 from factory 183. It was difficult distinguishing what was correct for this vehicle, but I think I only made one accuracy error (I'm not telling what!). And I hope this will help anybody else trying to build an accurate WWI T-34

Finally for Piotr & Tommy B, I tried to go easy with the rust this time :razz:

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Happy modeling!
Ostatnio zmieniony 21 czerwca 2011, 18:43 przez happylappy, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
Tommy T.B.
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Tommy T.B. » 21 czerwca 2011, 18:14

Hi :-D

The model looks amazing. It is difficult to identify whether it is a model or a real vehicle from the battlefield. The Weathering, dust and muddy wheels and tracks are excellent.

My big congratulations and look forward to your next model ;)

Yours sincerely.

Tommy

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 21 czerwca 2011, 19:00

Wow, I spend this day at work ,but I`m back here to look at Your excellent model.
Everything is very impressive for me , weathering , subtle rust ,etc .
Speciall thanks for You for polish insignia , even though You used historical tactical number from T34 mod 42 zav112 . ;-)
Your reworked turret looks very good too,But if You write about accuracy error , I see 2 on the war time turret .
I`m very happy to see Your master class T34-85 here .
Congratulation !
Zapraszam do sklepu/Welcome to the shop !
Obrazek

happylappy
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: happylappy » 23 czerwca 2011, 20:17

:flag_gb:

Hello. Thank you Piotr & Tommy T.B for your words of encouragement. Yes the tactical number is incorrect. I wanted to use the number from the z.183 vehicle (vehicle 1000), but when I went to apply the paint mask it wouldn't fit! I think this is maybe because the turret lifting hooks are in the incorrect position........

I am moving house over the next couple of weeks, so I have had to pack up my modeling desk. I think also next I will be building an aircraft, which is what I mostly build (in 1:24 scale of course!) so it might be a little while before my next tank - I have 3 JagdPanther, an su-100 and a KonigsTiger in my stash though. I built a Tiger I last year, so I will have a look around and see if I can find some photos of it to post.

Happy modeling :razz:

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Galerie gotowych modeli / Gallery / Galerie”