T34-85 Zavod 183 / Tamiya / 1st Polish Armoured Bgd '45

Moderatorzy: Tommy T.B., mrafalsk

happylappy
Czołgista / Tankman

T34-85 Zavod 183 / Tamiya / 1st Polish Armoured Bgd '45

Post autor: happylappy » 20 czerwca 2011, 22:47

:flag_gb:
Greetings all. I have just completed my latest project, a T-34/85 Factory 183 late 1944 production, in the service of the 1st Polish Armoured Brigade. Quite a few changes to the kit:

- I scratch built metal fenders and side skirts
- brass strap handles replacing all the molded on ones, plus some new ones (like the back of the turret)
- new exhaust pipes
- added periscopes to turret and replaced the tops of the periscope covers
- corrected cupola with opening in the centre
- added pistol ports to both sides of turret
- added and corrected vision slit to side of turret (should only be one, on the right side not two)
- corrected the turret weld seams for factory 183. The kit seams are for a post war vehicle.
- corrected and added the casting marks to the turret
- removed the aweful Tamiya molded surface & created a new one
- scratch built the external fuel straps from brass, including the securing mechanisms
- and of course added the excellent resin road wheels, engine grate, horn & light from Piotr's shop

Hopefully this has created an accurate WWII period T-34 from factory 183. It was difficult distinguishing what was correct for this vehicle, but I think I only made one accuracy error (I'm not telling what!). And I hope this will help anybody else trying to build an accurate WWI T-34

Finally for Piotr & Tommy B, I tried to go easy with the rust this time :razz:

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Happy modeling!
Ostatnio zmieniony 21 czerwca 2011, 18:43 przez happylappy, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
Tommy T.B.
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Tommy T.B. » 21 czerwca 2011, 18:14

Hi :-D

The model looks amazing. It is difficult to identify whether it is a model or a real vehicle from the battlefield. The Weathering, dust and muddy wheels and tracks are excellent.

My big congratulations and look forward to your next model ;)

Yours sincerely.

Tommy

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 21 czerwca 2011, 19:00

Wow, I spend this day at work ,but I`m back here to look at Your excellent model.
Everything is very impressive for me , weathering , subtle rust ,etc .
Speciall thanks for You for polish insignia , even though You used historical tactical number from T34 mod 42 zav112 . ;-)
Your reworked turret looks very good too,But if You write about accuracy error , I see 2 on the war time turret .
I`m very happy to see Your master class T34-85 here .
Congratulation !
Zapraszam do sklepu/Welcome to the shop !
Obrazek

happylappy
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: happylappy » 23 czerwca 2011, 20:17

:flag_gb:

Hello. Thank you Piotr & Tommy T.B for your words of encouragement. Yes the tactical number is incorrect. I wanted to use the number from the z.183 vehicle (vehicle 1000), but when I went to apply the paint mask it wouldn't fit! I think this is maybe because the turret lifting hooks are in the incorrect position........

I am moving house over the next couple of weeks, so I have had to pack up my modeling desk. I think also next I will be building an aircraft, which is what I mostly build (in 1:24 scale of course!) so it might be a little while before my next tank - I have 3 JagdPanther, an su-100 and a KonigsTiger in my stash though. I built a Tiger I last year, so I will have a look around and see if I can find some photos of it to post.

Happy modeling :razz:

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Galerie gotowych modeli / Gallery / Galerie”