Greetings all. I have just completed my latest project, a T-34/85 Factory 183 late 1944 production, in the service of the 1st Polish Armoured Brigade. Quite a few changes to the kit:
- I scratch built metal fenders and side skirts
- brass strap handles replacing all the molded on ones, plus some new ones (like the back of the turret)
- new exhaust pipes
- added periscopes to turret and replaced the tops of the periscope covers
- corrected cupola with opening in the centre
- added pistol ports to both sides of turret
- added and corrected vision slit to side of turret (should only be one, on the right side not two)
- corrected the turret weld seams for factory 183. The kit seams are for a post war vehicle.
- corrected and added the casting marks to the turret
- removed the aweful Tamiya molded surface & created a new one
- scratch built the external fuel straps from brass, including the securing mechanisms
- and of course added the excellent resin road wheels, engine grate, horn & light from Piotr's shop
Hopefully this has created an accurate WWII period T-34 from factory 183. It was difficult distinguishing what was correct for this vehicle, but I think I only made one accuracy error (I'm not telling what!). And I hope this will help anybody else trying to build an accurate WWI T-34
Finally for Piotr & Tommy B, I tried to go easy with the rust this time
Last edited by PITERPANZER on 21 June 2011, 19:43; edited 1 time in total
Wow, I spend this day at work ,but I`m back here to look at Your excellent model.
Everything is very impressive for me , weathering , subtle rust ,etc .
Speciall thanks for You for polish insignia , even though You used historical tactical number from T34 mod 42 zav112 .
Your reworked turret looks very good too,But if You write about accuracy error , I see 2 on the war time turret .
I`m very happy to see Your master class T34-85 here .
_________________ Zapraszam do sklepu/Welcome to the shop !
Hello. Thank you Piotr & Tommy T.B for your words of encouragement. Yes the tactical number is incorrect. I wanted to use the number from the z.183 vehicle (vehicle 1000), but when I went to apply the paint mask it wouldn't fit! I think this is maybe because the turret lifting hooks are in the incorrect position........
I am moving house over the next couple of weeks, so I have had to pack up my modeling desk. I think also next I will be building an aircraft, which is what I mostly build (in 1:24 scale of course!) so it might be a little while before my next tank - I have 3 JagdPanther, an su-100 and a KonigsTiger in my stash though. I built a Tiger I last year, so I will have a look around and see if I can find some photos of it to post.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum