Panther A/ Tamiya/ Paris mid 44

Moderatorzy: Tommy T.B., mrafalsk

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Panther A/ Tamiya/ Paris mid 44

Post autor: cottbus » 01 maja 2015, 16:43

Seen a photo in the book panzers in Normandy, of a panther G going through Paris, couldn`t find Academy panther G [discontinued] so my panther a's colour scheme is based on this tank, used wheels and turret from Academy panther G which I had cut up for various other projects, wooden barrel and card zimmerit from piter's shop.
Zimmerit is the vertical rake type, so I turned it round to horizontal as seen on A's ,modified hull machine gun mount, and drivers vision port, too low on glacis.
Now I think their a fraction high. Engine deck, improvements, hinges, filler covers, turret cupola are resin supplied by my friend Danny. Thanks chum, and a couple of p e set's thrown in. Model is painted with tamiya acrylic's and humbrol enamel for the olive green, worn rims on inner road wheels, and contact areas on the track a mix of silver an raw umber oil paint so it 's not to bright. The tank I based this model is fairly clean, so I didn't over do wear and tear.

Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek

Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek

Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek

Obrazek Obrazek

Obrazek

Cheers <piwko>
Ostatnio zmieniony 08 maja 2015, 08:05 przez cottbus, łącznie zmieniany 6 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
Wojtek
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Wojtek » 08 maja 2015, 16:17

Nice work, nice painting and cool zimmerit . Panther is my favorite tank. Keep it up.

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 08 maja 2015, 16:24

thank you wojtek,appreciate the comment.

Awatar użytkownika
Tommy T.B.
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: Tommy T.B. » 09 maja 2015, 07:22

Excellent work. Painting and weathering is great. I like the models such as yours.
However, I have a question for you. Can you show us the historical photo which one you used to painting Panther?
If you have built early Panther Ausf. G, so I found a few bugs that you could easily correct.
But now it's too late, because the model looks great.

Best wishes
Tommy

P.S. Sorry for my grammar ;)
Ostatnio zmieniony 09 maja 2015, 09:15 przez Tommy T.B., łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 09 maja 2015, 09:37

http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/panzer ... ollection/ firstly tommy thank you for your interest in my model, the above link is what I based my tanks colour scheme on ,but it 's not actual, the real tank belongs to 1ss pz div driving though the champs elyeese ,photos are in panzers in Normandy pages 122/123. I originally made academy's panther g/back dated to an early but painted it so many times I scraped it for parts. I now try to paint my tanks on actual photos rather than make them up, currently making a jagdpanther no 59 pz.einsatz-abt 20.appreciate your comments thank you.

happylappy
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: happylappy » 09 maja 2015, 09:56

Excellent work. Careful attention to detail has resulted in a very accurate model! Right down to the tie-pins holding the schurtzen in place, the spare track brackets & those little strip thingies with bolts on them on the engine deck even though I have no idea of what they are. Also I think the OVM looks very realistic -good job there. Personally, I don't think that it matters that a Panther-G paint job has been transferred to a Panther - A. It looks good. And it looks like a Panther -A, and that's the most important thing.

Congratulations on presenting a top-shelf model.

:honoring:

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 09 maja 2015, 09:58

You know my opinion.
Great model, despite the fact that uncorrect historical.Maybe one day we find correct picture :mrgreen:
Below pics from my relation Panther G
Obrazek
Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek
Ostatnio zmieniony 09 maja 2015, 10:01 przez PITERPANZER, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.
Zapraszam do sklepu/Welcome to the shop !
Obrazek

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 09 maja 2015, 13:33

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_ta ... mphe.2.jpg piter the link I took scheme form is an interpretation for a one side view the left in this case, I've to guess the rest. the panther g in your link, front 3/4 view with the 4 men is one of three photos of the same tank in Paris, the abandoned panther in your link is different again.ive based my model on the greys collection, not copied exact

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 09 maja 2015, 13:46

danny thank you for your positive comment, those strips on the rear engine deck are fixings for the spare track bracket. Probably to take the weight.i study photos of this panther g to try finish my tank as accurately as I can even where dust is highlighted on the track. Thanks again mate.

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 09 maja 2015, 15:19

Cottbus, there is next pic with panther and woman on the bike too, but all are from
1SS LAH.
Obrazek

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 09 maja 2015, 16:18

piter I'm well aware of this, the three photos are in georges bernage book.panzers in Normandy.pages 122/123 .my tank is an A, so I didn't copy the exact scheme, just something similar .had I build a G VERSION I would have stated tank of the 1 ss pz div Paris mid 44.and painted the scheme closer to the greys photo collection.

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 09 maja 2015, 16:55

Spanish model shop didn`t answer You still?
Did they take money and nothing?
Obrazek

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 09 maja 2015, 17:53

they said on longer in stock about two months later, so I don't trust anything they advertise on their site.no money lost .however while painting panther A I found two academy panther'Gs on ebay,one of these I build as one of the last panthers by the M A N factory march 45.colour scheme seems to be dark green over red primer. What was you your opinion on panther A? was it the wheels and tracks not showing worn areas? Hope the last image that was posted answers your question.

Awatar użytkownika
PITERPANZER
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post autor: PITERPANZER » 09 maja 2015, 22:25

I believe, that You use metalizer, but on historical pictures it more accent.
Załączniki
334-of-i.jpg
wss-11-panthers-train.jpg
Ostatnio zmieniony 09 maja 2015, 22:33 przez PITERPANZER, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Obrazek

cottbus
Czołgista / Tankman

Post autor: cottbus » 10 maja 2015, 10:17

and if I had painted the rims bright would I be criticized for exaggerating a scale effect? I looked at photos of dull to brightly polished steel, then make a compromise not too over do something and spoil the model. i could fill this forum with numerous examples of that. I have depicted wear and tear is that not enough.
Ostatnio zmieniony 10 maja 2015, 10:46 przez cottbus, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Galerie gotowych modeli / Gallery / Galerie”